Edition: December 16th, 2021
Curated by the Knowledge Team of ICS Career GPS
- Excerpts from article published on the India Today Web Desk
More than 22.7 million jobs losses were reported in April and May 2021 due to the COVID-19 pandemic, according to the Centre for Monitoring Indian Economy (CMIE). However, as businesses are getting back to normal and hiring activity in India has been on an upswing, with August seeing an 89% year-on-year growth, hiring for certain roles too has picked up with increased movement across the market.
As the business continues to grow in the coming year, there will always be a requirement for talented experts to work for different organisations. With this, there has been growth in the business of job portals, too. It is estimated that the top job portals fill up more than 80% of the job vacancies.
Here is a list of 5 job portals to help you find the right job in 2022:
- Indeed is one of India’s leading employment portals which is used to search for jobs from across the world.
- Through its Coronavirus Work Tools, Indeed is also playing a part in providing employment to those who lost their jobs during this pandemic.
- Through its India Yes online work portal, you can check for millions of job roles and upgrade your career.
- Shine.com was established when the need for a transparent and effective online portal connecting jobseekers with recruiters was at its strongest.
- While other job portals rushed in to address the apparent need-gap, the founding team at Shine.com conducted an in-depth study about the prevailing market challenges and the various ways in which technology could be used to solve them.
- The portal offers more than 3 lakh jobs to its large pool of over 4.1 crore registered jobseekers.
- It has 8,000+ employers associated with its platform, including leading companies such as SBI Life Insurance, Deloitte, Infosys, ICICI, Amazon, etc.
3. Jobs for her
- This is a platform that enables women to accelerate their careers by connecting them to jobs, community, mentoring, reskilling, inspiration and networking opportunities.
- Incepted in 2015, it connects over 2.2 million job aspirants registered on the platform to 7500+ companies across the country.
- The platform also offers mentorship for women looking to start/restart their careers.
- The brand has over 500 reskilling partners to assist women reskill/upskill themselves before joining/rejoining the workforce.
- For jobseekers around the world, including Indian people, Monster is a well-known website.
- It has a well-developed and vast network of jobseekers and Indian recruiters.
- There is a wide choice of options for both employers and future workers.
- One of the oldest job portals, Monster was created in 1999 through the merger of The Monster Board and Online Career Center.
- Arguably, the most popular and oldest of job portals in India, Naukri.com was launched in 1997.
- The platform offers multiple products like Resume Database Access, listings and Response Management Tools.
- With more than 4,75,000 jobs live at any point and over 60 million CVs, Naukri.com serviced over 76,000 corporate clients in 2017-2018.
- It also benefits from its large on-ground network, with 56 offices operational in 42 cities in India, and overseas offices in Dubai, Riyadh, Abu Dhabi and Bahrain.
Career Trends: Biomedical Engineering — A booming career field.
(Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in the article mentioned above are those of the author(s). They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of ICS Career GPS or its staff.)
One Reply to “Career Trends: 5 job portals to help you find the right job in 2022”