Education & Career Trends: February 20, 2023
Curated by the Knowledge Team of ICS Career GPS
- Excerpts are taken from an article written on analyticsinsight.net
Business analytics is processing historical business data and analyzing data to identify trends, patterns, and root causes, making data-driven business decisions based on those insights. It contributes to the investigation and analysis of corporate performance, offers insights, and motivates suggestions for performance enhancement.
Analytics has consequently emerged as a relatively recent and well-liked specialist in the management field since it works with requirements comprehension, development, administration, and functional testing.
Here are the top 10 career paths you can choose with a master’s in Business Analytics:
1. Data Analyst
- Data analysts gather and assess information based on statistics related to sales, market analysis, logistics, and other relevant factors.
- They are in charge of conducting surveys, gathering the data required for the analysis, and presenting the findings in a way that is clear and concise.
2. Data Scientist
- To assist their business in making better decisions, data scientists are tasked with sifting through vast amounts of data to uncover insightful information.
- Data scientists extract complicated, raw data from a variety of sources and transform it into useful, visible information for the company to enhance its business strategy and operations using algorithms, AI, ML, and other statistical techniques.
3. Supply Chain Analyst
- The goal of a supply chain analyst is to boost corporate operating efficiency.
- By determining the needs for a certain project and coordinating it with the other staff, they accomplish this.
- They collaborate with other groups and teams to assess if the present supply chain is effective and identify areas for improvement.
4. Marketing Analyst
- A marketing analyst’s job is to assist companies in gaining marketing-related insights about their goods and services.
- They use consumer profiling, data analysis, and predictive statistics to examine marketing plans and market trends.
5. Big Data Analyst
- Big Data Analysts are the market via the identification, gathering, analysis, and distribution of data that aids in directing future corporate choices and works with illegitimate data, patterns, hidden trends, and more.
6. Business Analyst
- Understanding changing business demands, assessing the effects of such changes, identifying and analysing data requirements, and recording and fostering communication among all relevant parties are all goals of business analysts.
7. HR Analyst
- The analysis of human resources data is done by HR analysts using computer programmes and methods.
- With the use of this information, the company is able to hire better applicants, inspire its present workforce, and address staffing issues.
8. Predictive Modeller
- Predictive modellers are programs that make a prediction based on the data that is fed to them and work on creating these models.
- They must have adequate knowledge of statistics, analysis, and technology too.
9. Chief Technology Officer
- Chief technology officers are experts in strategic thinking and performing technical research as they seek methods to use business data to make sure the firm stands out in a market that is becoming more and more competitive.
10. Technical Team Lead
- The technical team leader makes certain that technical development is handled correctly, the products are of a high calibre, and they are delivered on schedule.
- They would need technical expertise as well as strong administrative and leadership abilities.
Have you checked out yesterday’s blog yet?
Poise: The Key Personality Trait for Worldly Success
(Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in the article mentioned above are those of the author(s). They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of ICS Career GPS or its staff.)
One Reply to “Top 10 Career Options In Business Analytics”