Education & Career Trends: August 30
Curated by the Knowledge Team of ICS Career GPS
- Excerpts are taken from an article published on makeuseof.com.
As search engines like Google have become global phenomena, careers dedicated to understanding and interpreting search engine tools and trends have naturally emerged, made waves, and become digitally essential.
The digital revolution has transformed the business world profoundly, especially the field of digital marketing, opening new opportunities for a career in SEO. Entire new toolkits within marketing have emerged, which was unthinkable a couple of decades ago. SEO is one of those vital functions within marketing today that has seen a tremendous push over the last decade, in both the number of SEO career opportunities as well as in their growing critical importance to companies.
The appeal of SEO-based careers is stronger than ever. As an SEO enthusiast eager to embark on or elevate your SEO journey, consider these exciting paths.
1. SEO Writer
- These extraordinary wordsmiths know how to wield and spin words, especially keywords, like magic.
- An SEO writer’s efforts go beyond crafting compelling content; they also transform keywords into captivating pieces that draw readers in and scale search engine rankings.
- SEO writers usually have some background in either content or copywriting, so if you’re looking to transition into the SEO writing track, that would be a great place to start.
- You should also get up to speed with tools that you can use to review a website’s SEO and learn how to apply them. Ultimately, SEO writers strive to create content that makes brands more visible.
2. SEO Specialist
- Of the many reasons to become an SEO specialist, the most prominent is that they are storehouses of experience and expertise in search engine optimisation.
- As their name implies, they are search engine experts who blend their marketing, keyword analysis, and project management knowledge to create flawless SEO campaigns for web pages.
- In addition to excelling in campaign creation and management, they also have amazing collaborative skills.
- SEO specialists often don’t work as lone wolves; they share their creative process with adjacent teams like web development and content marketing.
3. SEO Analyst and Consultant
- Contrary to popular opinion, an SEO analyst and an SEO consultant are not the same.
- Although quite similar, they function differently from each other, and that’s what makes this particular career path so interesting.
- SEO analysts conjure trends from refined data pools and know how to dissect data with impressive precision.
- As a result of their impressive data manipulation skills, they can reveal viable pathways to visibility for websites.
- Similarly, SEO consultants also know their way around data and use this wisdom to guide clients through the labyrinth of search engine results pages.
- In contrast to SEO analysts, who thrive in in-house or agency environments, SEO consultants shine brightest in freelance settings.
4. SEO Marketer
- While you may be familiar with marketing in general, you may not be savvy about the role and function of an SEO marketer.
- An SEO marketer navigates the volatile area of search engine marketing using a blend of on-page and off-page strategies, including backlinking, content marketing, and keyword research.
- Additionally, they craft digital campaigns that boost websites to the top of search engine rankings.
5. SEO Web Developer
- These tech geniuses fuse their coding prowess with a mastery of SEO concepts to forge websites that are inherently designed to thrive on search engine results pages.
- Additionally, their creations comply with SEO best practices for web developers, like mobile-friendliness, speed, and content clarity.
Lucrative SEO Expert Careers for You
The landscape of SEO is ever-changing and brimming with outstanding opportunities, all tailored to meet your aspirations. As a result of this evolution, SEO will only continue to become more important as the century unfolds, establishing its foothold within the marketing industry.
If you’re seeking a remote or hybrid tech job, one or more of these career paths may resonate with you. All you have to do is choose one, embrace the dynamic world of SEO, and optimise your story.
Have you checked out yesterday’s blog yet
(Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in the article mentioned above are those of the author(s). They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of ICS Career GPS or its staff.)