Education & Career Trends: August 21
Curated by the Knowledge Team of ICS Career GPS
- Excerpts are taken from an article published on economictimes.indiatimes.com.
Digital marketing enables companies promote their brands to specific consumers through the internet or other electronic means. Different types of digital Marketing roles are assigned to carry out a variety of activities, including creating relevant company content, designing promotional campaigns, attracting clients through various social media channels, and keeping track of website traffic.
The responsibilities of digital marketers are continually evolving along with the trends in digital marketing as a result of developments in technology and the expansion of online platforms. New positions in the field of digital marketing have emerged as a result of the expanding social networking opportunities.
The tasks and responsibilities of digital marketing that go into creating a successful digital marketing team must be clearly defined as more companies and organisations understand the value of a strong digital strategy.
Key roles of digital marketing team include:
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Analytics Expert
- Content Strategist
- PPC Manager or Specialist
- Conversion Rate Optimiser (CRO) or Conversion Rate Manager (CRM)
- Search Engine Optimiser (SEO)
- User Experience (UX) Designer
- Email Marketing Specialist (EMS)
- Social Media Expert (SME)
- Graphic Designer
1. Digital Marketing Manager (DMM)
- In order to run and promote digital campaigns that build brand recognition online, the Digital Marketing Manager (DMM) is essential.
- Planning a project layout, creating a project timeline, establishing project goals, and managing project money are the main duties of a digital marketing manager.
- The DMM chooses and assesses the most recent developments in digital marketing while successfully managing campaigns to advertise a company’s goods or services, consequently, increasing consumer leads and directing web traffic to increase penetration rate.
2. Analytics Expert (AE)
- Artificial intelligence (AI) and the Internet of Things (IoT) are examples of machine-based intelligence that have emerged as a result of technological innovation.
- These computing technologies generate a significant amount of data and information, which calls for efficient categorisation, arranging, and analysis.
- Businesses now have data to analyse and use in their promotional campaigns because of which the role of an analytics expert becomes critical in ensuring rigorous classification and evaluation of this data.
3. Content Strategist (CS)
- A content strategist’s main job responsibility is to provide interesting content that is pertinent to the company’s goals and target market. In order to increase brand value, the CS persuades and informs people about a brand.
- Customers frequently use search engines to obtain more relevant information, so in order to increase website visits, the CS must look for the topics that customers find interesting.
- As a result, the CS needs to be an excellent writer with a solid understanding of search engine optimisation (SEO).
4. PPC Manager or Specialist
- The PPC Managers or Specialists keep an eye on the execution of the PPC promotional campaigns online, as well as the strategy development, design, and SEO analysis.
- PPC specialists need to keep up with the latest developments in order to comprehend customer keyword preferences and make the necessary adjustments to produce the desired outcomes.
- Because the advertisements are linked directly to the company website, the PPC Managers must provide website visitors with an engaging read in order to build brand value and convert them to consumers.
5. Conversion Rate Optimiser (CRO) or Conversion Rate Manager (CRM)
- CRO, one of the key jobs in digital marketing, supports the acquisition of new clients by enhancing and developing website elements.
- It enables the businesses to increase the likelihood that their “website visitors” will become “lead consumers” before they close the tabs.
- As a result, CROs improve the user experience of the webpage by examining visitor behaviour and making the necessary changes (conversions) to the webpage.
6. Search Engine Optimiser (SEO)
- The SEO/SEM specialist is essential to the success of digital marketing.
- For efficient search engine retrieval, the SEM professional studies, assesses, and implements improvements to the firm websites.
- Increased search visibility and website traffic are made possible by this.
- To produce the desired outcomes, SEOs must use Google Analytics to assess the performance and traffic of websites while staying current with Google’s algorithm.
7. User Experience (UX) Designer
- UX designers have a strong awareness of human attitudes and mentalities in addition to being technical and design professionals.
- Websites, goods/services, and applications are created by UX designers so that buyers can follow along with their purchasing process.
- As a result, it aids businesses in enhancing sales, keeping current clients, and gaining new ones.
8. Email Marketing Specialist (EMS)
- An EMS is a virtual marketer who creates email lists to retain consumer information and launches emails to carry out marketing campaigns.
- An EMS makes sure that the email is delivered to the potential customers in a clear and acceptable format.
- Therefore, in order to build brand value for the prospects, these written communications must be attractive and informative with amplitude.
9. Social Media Expert (SME)
- As social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook have grown in popularity, more people are becoming active there.
- Social media platforms thus enable businesses to engage with their clients on a larger scale.
- An SME’s job is to advertise the company’s existence on these platforms, build brand recognition, interact with the targeted customers, follow up, and maintain engagement in the customer base.
- The SME must establish and maintain company brand pages across social media platforms and come up with efficient promotional methods across all networking sites.
- This makes it possible to increase the company’ presence and visibility in order to engage the public.
10. Graphic Designer
- Every digital marketing effort must have design.
- Clear and engaging visual components are no longer just “nice to have”—they are crucial to the success of a campaign.
- The development of compelling brand assets, including as logos, media kits, presentations, and social media postings, depends heavily on graphic designers.
- Your brand becomes memorable and recognisable for customers when you use consistent branding.
Have you checked out yesterday’s blog yet
(Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in the article mentioned above are those of the author(s). They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of ICS Career GPS or its staff.)