Career Trends: April 28, 2022
Curated by the Knowledge Team of ICS Career GPS
- Article by Harsh Jain, published on sportsunfold.com. Original article link.
Video games allow players to develop their critical thinking skills, motor skills, increase coordination, and make connections with others. Career paths that are typical in this field include video game writing, blogging, game testing, translation, and consultation.
If you love video games, here are 5 careers that you should consider:
1. Game Designer
- If you’re filled with innovative gaming concepts and can come up with creative ideas, a game artist or designer job role is perfect for you.
- A game designer creates the basic idea of the game and collaborates with the development of animation and programming.
- They also conduct preliminary market research to determine what concepts are unique and engaging.
- Preferred qualification: A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Game Designing.
2. Gameplay Tester
- The main task of a game tester is to determine the quality of a game by identifying bugs and suggesting improvements to the programmer.
- Their work involves enhancing the gaming experience and quality of the product before it is released into the market.
- Preferred qualification: B.tech/BE in Computer Science followed by professional certification from the Indian Testing Board or equivalent.
3. Game Animator & Visual Artist
- This involves designing characters and visuals of a gameplay.
- These experts are responsible for creating authentic 2D and 3D pictures of the characters, graphics, and other objects.
4. Audio Engineer
- All the sounds you hear in a videogame, from the background score to the character actions, are designed by audio engineers or sound designers.
- They provide a realistic feel to the gaming experience with music and effects.
- Since every game has a distinct plot and genre, the primary task of an audio engineer is to study the unique characteristics of each game and convey it through an appealing soundtrack.
5. Market Research Analyst
- Market research analysts use their expertise in research to understand the core market and its major trends.
- They then use that information to carry out different campaigns promoting the game to it’s target audience.
- It is crucial for the product’s reach and determines its performance.
Have you checked out yesterday’s blog yet?
Why Intelligent Minds Take Their Brains For Long Walks
(Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in the above mentioned article are those of the author(s). They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of ICS Career GPS or its staff.)
One Reply to “Career Options in the Gaming Industry”