Edition: February 17th, 2022
Curated by the Knowledge Team of ICS Career GPS
- Excerpts from article by Kimberly Fosu, published on Medium.com
Intuition enhances creativity, and highly intuitive people know that. Connecting with your intuition means connecting with your soul. So, naturally, intuition expands creativity. In fact, creativity is at its best when it’s intuitive.
No idea is too crazy for a highly intuitive person as long as they feel it strongly in their gut. They let their minds take them wherever it wants to go, which results in thoughts and ideas coming straight from their soul.
Being creative will enhance your intuition and being intuitive can make you creative. And it doesn’t matter how you express your creativity, just so long as you’re tapping into this intuitive, hidden genius within you, your soul will guide you to find success in all that you do.
Here are the 3 habits of highly intuitive people that make them successful:
1. They listen to their inner voice.
- Intuition is the ability to understand something without the need for logical reasoning. It is about knowing and understanding something just based on your ‘gut feeling’.
- Everybody is connected to their intuition, but some people don’t pay attention to it. Many people underestimate this hidden genius but intuition is the voice of the soul.
- It is the inner compass that leads you where you need to go. Underestimate your intuition and you underestimate your soul.
- Intuition serves to bridge the gap between instinct & reasoning.
- In order to make the best decisions in life that bring success, you need to balance your intuition and rational thinking.
- Highly intuitive people listen to their inner voice more than they listen to other people.
- They trust and believe in themselves and so they heed their intuition.
- We all have this power.
2. They are mindful in all they do, and understand that fear is not intuition.
- Highly intuitive people sharpen their intuition with mindfulness practices. These practices help them balance their thoughts and emotions, which calms their mind and makes them more self-aware.
- Mindfulness practices are an excellent way to tap into your intuition because they can help you filter out the mental chatter so you can weigh your options carefully when making a decision.
- Mindfulness makes intuitive people highly in tune with themselves, others, and their surroundings. They can connect with others better because they’re connected to themselves.
- Highly intuitive people can detect negativity from a mile away and decide they want nothing to do with it. They focus on the positive and leave the negative situations alone.
- Because intuition is always so subtle, you can’t hear it properly when there are fear-based energies around you. Fear is so loud that it drowns out the voice of your intuition.
- If what you feel is fear-based, it’s not your intuition, because intuition will never make you afraid. Fear has a sneaky way of disguising itself as intuition.
3. They look forward to their ‘me time’.
- It’s going to be really hard to hear and develop your intuition in a crowded place. This is why highly intuitive people love spending time alone.
- A little time alone is the most effective way to get in touch with your intuition. When you are alone, you can hear the subtle guidance of your soul.
- To nurture your intuition, you need an environment that allows for a quiet mind and keen awareness.
- In a world full of chaos, busyness and craziness, you need a little bit of solitude and a little bit of silence to hear your intuition.
- Solitude and silence can help you connect to your deepest inner wisdom.
- By taking a little bit of time each day with yourself you can cultivate a mind that allows you hear the voice of intuition.
- Intuitive people are often introverted, and solitude isn’t a big deal for them. They need it to recharge and so they embrace it.
- But whether you’re an introvert or not, taking time for solitude can help you reconnect with yourself.
- We are at our most creative when we allow things to flow freely in our minds.
- When you spend a lot of time alone, you become naturally creative because you can better connect with the thoughts in your head and what you could create with them.
Have you checked out yesterday’s blog yet?
(Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in the above mentioned article are those of the author(s). They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of ICS Career GPS or its staff.)