Career Trends: August 13, 2022
Curated by the Knowledge Team of ICS Career GPS
Being a successful entrepreneur means more than starting new ventures every other day. It means the right attitude towards a business and the determination and grit to achieve success. A successful entrepreneur has a strong inner drive that helps them to succeed. Nevertheless, there are notable common traits among those who embark upon their path.
Even if your business is successful, entrepreneurship comes with a mix of inspiring days and challenging days.
If you’re someone whose business isn’t where you want it to be or you’re frustrated by a recent setback, do not view this as a list of things you’re lacking.
Here are some essential qualities driving entrepreneurial success:
1. A willingness to fail
- Being afraid to fail is a common affliction.
- At its heart, it’s about having a light shone on our perceived inadequacies.
- We fear failure because we perceive the threat of “social death.” We worry we’ll be cast out because of our lack of utility and value.
- But as entrepreneurs, you have to be willing to fail. You must take our best shot and learn from what doesn’t work.
- Every entrepreneur is not only comfortable with that notion, but they embrace it, understanding that it’s part of the journey.
2. Critical thinking skills
- Like the first trait, critical thinking enables entrepreneurs to break free of herd mentalities.
- It is the ability to assess information and judge it on its merit before acting on it.
- Every entrepreneur is adept at assessing information.
- They have an instinct for it that they trust with a clarity of vision, guiding them towards their goal.
3. Clarity of vision
- A lack of connection with the outcome tends to trip most people up when embarking upon a new venture.
- This manifests itself in lots of different ways.
- Usually, self-sabotaging behaviours like procrastination slowly creep into our minds.
- This is because our subconscious fights the change our conscious wants to enact. It fears change because it represents the unknown and wants to stay near safety.
- Every entrepreneur needs to create a clear vision for what they want to achieve.
4. Leverage over themselves
- What sets an entrepreneur apart is their utter faith and emotional connection to their desired outcome.
- They know that they will always be moving towards that goal regardless of setbacks.
- How? Because they have enough leverage over themselves, the thought of not always progressing towards their desires is more unacceptable than giving up.
5. Strong communication
- Every entrepreneur knows that they need others to succeed, so they seek to surround themselves with people in positions they would like to emulate.
- Without good communication skills, it’s impossible to paint an accurate target for others.
- If you want others to understand your passion, drive and leverage, you must communicate that.
- Strong communication is a quality that every entrepreneur must possess.
Have you checked out yesterday’s blog yet?
Career in cinematography: courses, skills and job opportunities
(Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in the article mentioned above are those of the author(s). They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of ICS Career GPS or its staff.)