Edition: August 14th, 2021
Curated by the Knowledge Team of ICS Career GPS
- Excerpts from article by Ashira Prossack, published on Forbes.com
To thrive in business, you need to have the right mindset. A positive mindset will allow you to thrive and grow, but a negative mindset can lead to stagnation and frustration.
The good news is that you have complete control over your mindset as long as you’re willing to put in the work to change it.
When you change your thought process, you’re actually changing the neural wiring of your brain. This is the power of positive thinking. Whatever you are thinking on the inside is reflected on the outside.
If you’re thinking positive thoughts, you’ll begin to find more positivity around you and start looking at things in a different light. If you’re thinking negative thoughts, you’ll simply see negativity around you.
Follow these 5 tips to create a success mindset in your business and your life:
1. Get clarity on your vision
- Getting clarity means understanding exactly what you want.
- Most people mess up at this first hurdle because they don’t actually know what they want, or what they want is unfocused and all over the place.
- You need to have a clear, specific vision of what you want before you can move forward.
2. Become aware of your mental blockages
- You often find that you have self-limiting beliefs that you were completely unaware of.
- You also realise that these mental limitations were holding you back.
- One you have this awareness, you can begin the next step of the journey.
3. Replace old stagnating beliefs with new progressive ones
- Release your old self-limiting beliefs and thought patterns and replace them with new, positive ones.
- In doing that, you’re rewiring your brain and opening yourself up to success and new possibilities.
- Let go of the anger, pain, frustration, sadness, and feelings of despair you had before.
- Replace those feelings with hope, positivity, compassion and self-kindness.
4. Expand your vision; let your positivity attract positivity
- Use visualisation techniques, affirmations, and the people around you to attract what you want into your life.
- With your limiting beliefs out of the way, start dreaming bigger.
5. Take inspired action
- You can’t just sit back and wait for success to come to you.
- You have to take action and make it happen.
- When your thinking and action are aligned, you’re able to achieve massive success.
- If you have a true desire to change, anything is possible. You just have to commit to a positive mindset.
(Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in the article mentioned above are those of the author(s). They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of ICS Career GPS or its staff.)