Edition: August 13th, 2021
Curated by the Knowledge Team of ICS Career GPS
- Excerpts from article by Priyanka Lamba, published on lifestyleasia.com
Being productive and putting your best foot forward every day can be a daunting task. But for those who are career-oriented, this task becomes even more crucial.
Even the most ambitious and hard-working might find it difficult to find motivation and creative ideas every day. In such cases, it is always beneficial to have some sound advice at your disposal.
Here are 7 motivational career-oriented podcasts that offer sound advice to help you excel in your job:
1. Good Life Project
- It’s become extremely important, especially in today’s world, to lead a meaningful life and connect deeply with what we do.
- With its episodes up to an hour or so, this podcast aims at fulfilling the same.
- It was founded by husband-wife duo Stephanie and Jonathan Fields and they come up with inspiring stories every week.
- Some of its most popular episodes are the ones with journalist-author Elizabeth Gilbert, author-entrepreneur Tim Ferris, lecturer, writer and podcast host Brené Brown, and writer-media producer Austin Channing Brown.
2. The Accidental Creative
- Hosted by writer Todd Henry, The Accidental Creative touches upon various topics like practising gratitude, habits that will help attain your best at work, dealing with creative burnout and more.
- Henry sets out to interview eminent personalities in addition to sharing his own tips to excel personally and professionally.
3. The 5 AM Miracle
- With his 20-50 minutes episodes, author Jeff Sanders intends to “help you bounce out of bed with enthusiasm, create powerful lifelong habits, and tackle your grandest goals with extraordinary energy”.
- Each episode delves deeply into personal development, productivity and healthy habits.
- Broadway star Stephanie Gibson and author-alternative medicine advocate Deepak Chopra have also been interviewed by Sanders on his podcast.
4. Getting Things Done
- Management consultant and author David Allen gives the best of both worlds with his own techniques to organise, as well as interviews successful people who share their productivity anecdotes.
- The goal is to help you pave a way towards higher efficiency and effectiveness.
- Each episode is 30-60 minutes long.
5. Lead To Win
- Planning to guide your team to success? You are at the right place.
- In each episode, New York Times bestselling author Michael Hyatt and daughter — writer Megan Hyatt Miller — dig deep into necessary leadership skills and other important life lessons in 30-40 minutes.
- In her career-oriented podcast, founder and CEO of The Pivot Method, writer Jenny Blake encourages people to get better at adapting to changes.
- Giving pearls of wisdom on embracing your strengths, surmounting insecurities and facing challenges like a pro.
- The episodes are of varied lengths, anywhere from 15 minutes to two hours.
7. Eventual Millionaire
- Business coach Jaime Tardy sits down with millionaire entrepreneurs to hear them share their journey to success, but more importantly what they learnt on their journey up.
- Tardy also makes sure to include her own knowledge acquired from years of coaching experience.
(Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in the above mentioned article are those of the author(s). They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of ICS Career GPS or its staff.)