Edition: October 26th, 2021
Curated by the Knowledge Team of ICS Career GPS
- Excerpts from article by Stuart Gentle, published on onrec.com
The rapid development of new technologies has opened up a range of new jobs. These roles are competitive and require highly qualified individuals, but they also offer a chance to be a part of something new, exciting and important.
We are currently going through a tech industry boom, and you should take advantage of this.
If you’re interested in a job in the digital sector, here are some of the best options in the space:
1. Digital Marketing
- Digital marketing is the buzzword. Every business is trying to crack the code and make digital marketing work for them.
- Terms like ‘affiliate’ and ‘SEO’ may go right over the head of someone with a product to promote, as will all the data analysis that comes with the job.
- As a result, businesses need experts.
- There are many ways you can get into online marketing.
- Half the industry is content creation, so if you have talent in filming, editing, photography, writing, etc. Then you can create content for clients who are looking to showcase their products and services.
- The other half is strategizing. How will you approach your target audience? Who is controlling communication and social media? What methods will you use? What methods can you see are working?
- Every business will be looking for this role in some capacity, so shop around.
2. App Development
- App development is a career that will appeal to software developers one way or another.
- Maybe you have an idea, a problem that needs solving, and you know how to solve it through a phone or laptop, or maybe you’re just interested in a certain genre and are looking to compete.
- Whether you’re looking to innovate with a new app or compete with an existing one, there is loads to do.
- Creating, testing and programming apps for devices will see you and a team work together to swap and implement ideas and concepts for the public to use.
- It is an industry that involves creativity and practicality on top of the software engineering qualifications.
3. Smart Tech
- Businesses in all industries are currently embracing smart devices for everything from payment to data security.
- There are jobs in development in this vast area, where your ideas can impact society at large.
- Smart tech is currently being used to aid everything, so find a problem and solve it.
- All new tech will also need someone who can maintain and repair it.
- With so much tech being implemented, there is a high demand for people who don’t just understand what a given technology does and how it works but, more importantly, why it isn’t working.
(Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in the article mentioned above are those of the author(s). They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of ICS Career GPS or its staff.)