Education Trends: June 21, 2022
Curated by the Knowledge Team of ICS Career GPS
- Article published on dailyuw.com. Original article link.
Yoga has physical, mental and spiritual health advantages for people of all ages. And if you’re suffering from an illness, undergoing surgery, or dealing with a chronic condition, yoga could be an essential part of your treatment process. While many believe yoga to be about the different postures (asanas) or breathing techniques (pranayam), it is actually about helping you experience your reality.
There is no doubt about the importance of Yoga for students. Learning Yoga at an early age can have enormous advantages for your general wellbeing as well as prosperity. Daily practice of yoga comes with a lot of benefits, such as feelings of serenity, keeping up vitality levels, improved adaptability, and discovering the motivation to channelize your energies productively.
Here are 8 major benefits of practising yoga daily:
1. Improved flexibility: Yoga is designed to increase mobility.
- While some forms of exercise focus on building strength or endurance, yoga is designed to increase mobility and range of motion.
- As a result, it can be an ideal workout for those looking to improve their flexibility.
- In addition to the physical benefits, yoga can also help to improve your mental well-being.
- Slow, deliberate movements can help ease anxiety and stress, and deep breathing can help promote relaxation.
2. Stronger muscles: Different asanas strengthen different muscle groups.
- Yoga can be an effective way to strengthen muscles.
- The variety of poses can target different muscle groups, and the resistance of your body weight can help build strength.
- In addition, the deep breathing associated with yoga can help improve lung function.
3. Weight control: Yoga has proven calorie-burning benefits.
- While it is not likely to be as intense as other forms of exercise, such as running or cycling, the calorie-burning potential of yoga can still contribute to weight loss.
- In addition, the mindful nature of yoga can help promote a healthy relationship with food and your body.
- So if you are struggling with weight, yoga may be worth considering as part of your fitness routine.
4. Lower stress levels: Mindfulness and deep breathing help achieve this.
- One of the main benefits of yoga is its ability to help reduce stress.
- Slow, deliberate movements and deep breathing can help ease tension in the body and mind.
- In addition, the focus on the present moment can help to clear your thoughts and allow you to relax.
5. Better breathing: Yoga is known to improve lung function.
- Deep breathing is thought to improve lung function and increase oxygen intake.
- It can also ease stress and promote relaxation.
- If you want to improve your breathing, yoga may be helpful.
6. Healthy heart: Yoga is linked to lower cholesterol levels and improved circulation.
- One study found that yoga can help lower blood pressure and rest heart rate.
- In addition, yoga has been linked to improved cholesterol levels and increased circulation.
- So if you are looking to improve your heart health, yoga may be a good option.
7. Higher energy levels: Yoga increases your oxygen intake.
- In addition to its calming effects, yoga can also help to boost your energy levels.
- The deep breathing associated with yoga can help increase oxygen intake, which can lead to increased energy levels.
- In addition, the physical activity involved in yoga can also help to boost your energy levels.
8. Better body balance: Yogic asanas promote motor coordination.
- The slow, deliberate movements of yoga can help to improve your balance and coordination.
- In addition, the focus on breath control can also help to improve your coordination.
Have you checked out yesterday’s blog yet?
(Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in the above mentioned article are those of the author(s). They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of ICS Career GPS or its staff.)