Career Trends: June 19, 2022
Curated by the Knowledge Team of ICS Career GPS
Software development refers to a set of computer science activities dedicated to the process of creating, designing, deploying and supporting software. Software itself is the set of instructions or programs that tell a computer what to do. Software developers drive the overall software development lifecycle — including working across functional teams to transform requirements into features, managing development teams and processes, and conducting software testing and maintenance.
Here are a few software development trends expected to gain momentum:
1. More Healthcare Apps
Driver: The growth of the global population and the rise in chronic diseases
- The healthcare software market is booming due to increased demand for such software.
- The growth of the global population and the rise in chronic diseases drive this demand.
- In addition, healthcare providers are looking for ways to improve their efficiency and reduce costs, which is why they are investing in healthcare software.
- Many types of healthcare software are available, each serving a different purpose.
- Some of the most popular types of healthcare software include electronic health records (EHR), medical diagnosis, hospital management, and e-prescribing.
2. Boom in E-learning Apps
Driver: Increasing global interconnectivity; changes post-pandemic
- With more and more people working remotely, tools must be available to help them continue their education.
- The use of technology in education is on the rise, and this will only continue.
- Also as the globe becomes increasingly interconnected, platforms must be accessible to allow people to learn from one another.
It would be best if you kept a few things in mind to get into the eLearning space.
- First, it is vital to have a strong understanding of the latest technologies.
- This way, you can develop applications that use them to their fullest potential.
- Additionally, it is essential to have a good understanding of how people learn so you can develop applications that cater to different learning styles.
3. Healthy Snacks/Gummies Apps
Driver: Growing realisation how our snacking habits need to be healthier
- The growing demand for healthy and convenient snacks is one of the main drivers.
- If you are thinking of starting a business in the gummies space, there are many opportunities for you to explore. It is vital to understand the latest trends to get into the gummies market.
- Additionally, it is also essential to be familiar with the manufacturing process.
- This way, you can ensure that your products are of high quality and meet all safety standards.
4. Customer Relationship Management Apps
Driver: The need to ensure better customer satisfaction and, thus, retention
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) applications have been thriving in recent years because of the ever-increasing importance of customer retention and satisfaction.
- As businesses strive to provide better customer experiences, they will increasingly turn to CRM software to help them do so.
- Additionally, the rise of big data and analytics gives CRM users new insights into their customers that they can use to improve their relationships with them.
- As a result, we expect to see continued strong growth in the CRM software market in the years to come.
Have you checked out yesterday’s blog yet?
(Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in the article mentioned above are those of the author(s). They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of ICS Career GPS or its staff.)