Career Trends: July 26, 2022
Curated by the Knowledge Team of ICS Career GPS
- Article by Nancy Jaiswal, published on telegraphindia.com. Original article link.
SEO or Search Engine Optimization is a method of driving organic traffic to one’s website. In the contemporary era it is also referred to as an all inclusive digital marketing process to improve a website’s position among the results of search engines. Top notch search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing use sophisticated algorithms which use nearly a dozen different factors when ranking search results.
As a result, a great deal of analysis and effort goes into the process of ensuring that search engines understand which of these results are the most relevant ones. This analysis and knowing what to do after is an integral part of the role of an SEO consultant.
Who is an SEO Consultant?
An SEO Consultant is responsible for planning, implementing and looking after an organisation’s overall SEO strategy to ensure its pages rank on search engines.
The constant evolution of Google and other search engines means that new digital marketing strategies emerge every single day – and the solutions also need to be re-evauated constantly. Hence, a SEO consultant must have a range of skills at his or her disposal to deliver the best results.
What are the overall responsibilities of an SEO Consultant?
SEO consultants occupy a strategic position in the marketing strategy for any brand. Some of the things that look after are:
- Planning and developing SEO Strategy
- Enhancing organic search optimization
- Performing keywords research
- Maintaining client relationships
- Identifying Google Trends
What are the career growth opportunities in the area of SEO?
Being an essential part of Digital marketing, SEO is highly in demand with future business operations. Today, a large part of marketing expenditure is slowly shifting from traditional media to organic and new age media options.
As the digital industry continues to grow, SEO is becoming a vital means of bringing visitors to a website and nearly every organisation is investing a large sum on it. In other words, this is an area that is projected to grow as will the job opportunities in it.
What are some tips for success in the trade?
SEO can be a bright career option for you if you are dynamic and have great analytical skills. Here are a few tips that can help you to stand out:
- Possessing strong research skills – the ability to look through data and find ways to deliver the best SEO results can go a long way.
- Formulating clear and clever marketing strategies – when you formulate strategies that you and the rest of the team can effectively apply, you end up adding the most value
- Ability to make the websites mobile friendly – this is the need of the hour with a large section of the audience switching to mobile for their browsing needs
- Increasing off site visibility – on site SEO refers to those strategies which are implemented on one’s own site to make it rank higher on search engines. A great SEO consultant has to also have sound knowledge and understanding of off site SEO, which is when SEO is used on third party sites to drive traffic to one’s own website
Have you checked out yesterday’s blog yet?
(Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in the article mentioned above are those of the author(s). They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of ICS Career GPS or its staff.)