Education & Career Trends: April 18, 2022
Curated by the Knowledge Team of ICS Career GPS
Excerpts from articles by:
- P.C. Chhabra, published on financilaexpress.com. Original article link.
- Ashley Eneriz, published on northeastern.edu. Original article link.
Earning a graduate degree in global studies can prepare you for virtually any career in politics, business, finance, and foreign services. It is an interdisciplinary and practical degree and can be beneficial for individuals planning to pursue an array of government positions. Within these programmes, you will come to understand how the world operates, and how different states and countries should interact.
With increasing globalisation and growing economy, many corporations have companies overseas and are always in search of international business employees.
As per 2017 report 57% employers preferred a graduate degree for positions in the international relations. It helps to cut through complex intercultural issues and causes a positive impact on the organisations globally.
Here are some business careers that are in huge demand for students who have a degree in global studies:
- For this role it is vital to have interpersonal skills as this job profile consists of building relationships and analytical work.
- A management analyst advises the management on how to enhance the company’s performance by solving organisational problems.
- They also gather and analyse company data, interview overseas management to resolve company issues on an international scale and much more.
International Marketing Manager
- To become an international marketing manager, one must ensure that they are aware of the global market trends.
- The duties of an international marketing manager are to develop pricing strategies, analyse findings to determine customer opportunities, oversee budgets, advertising media and more.
- Besides this another role that a marketing manager has to play is to increase global sales and create a balance between competitive business strategy with a creative vision.
- A person wanting to have a career in this field should understand how different policies, regulations, and political trends affect an individual’s portfolios and investments.
- This career involves preparing financial reports, evaluating organisation’s financial decisions, recommending foreign investments and more.
- A financial analyst should also focus on the geographical area, patterns affecting a particular industry or product and much more.
- This field offers variety of career opportunities in fields like healthcare, education and development.
- The responsibilities of an economist are to create tables and charts representing their findings, design policies and make recommendation to solve and analyse global issues to help increase a company’s profit,
- One should have knowledge about goods, services, circulation of resources and analysing international consumer demand.
Human Resources Manager
- The role of an HR manager is to hire employees, serve as a bridge between employees and management.
- Apart from this and HR plays many distinct duties in the organisations like coordinating and directing employees benefit programs, handling staff issues like training, productivity, supervising international staff, contractors and more.
- One must have the ability to keep employees motivated and should be able to enhance the company’s efficiency level thoroughly.
- As a policy analysts one must possess strong skills like public speaking and interpersonal skills among others.
- The duty of a policy analyst is to develop and test theories using statistical tools, gather and examine data from sources, identify key trends and strategies.
- There is focus on pertaining international relationships like global business policies, foreign law and more.
- In this field of career, skills like problem solving, decision making, management is required.
- An executive works to plan organisational strategies to help fulfil the company’s mission while managing the resources as well as the employees.
- Apart from this, an executive works to assign department managers, negotiate signing off contractual agreements, direct operational activities etc.
Have you checked out yesterday’s blog yet?
(Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in the article mentioned above are those of the author(s). They do not purport to reflect the opinions or views of ICS Career GPS or its staff.)